Citrus and fresh herbs never disappoint in this fresh Basa marinade that makes a perfect addition to a summer night dinner plate.
Basa is a light, flakey, mild flavoured fish that easily soaks up butter, citrus and herb flavours, making it a great option for marinades. Don't have Basa? Try other white fish such as sole, mahi mahi, or herring with the same marinade.
Heres what you need:
1. juice of 1 fresh lemon or lime
2. 2 chives/green onions
3. 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
4. 1 tbsp capers
5. dash of garlic powder
6. splash of extra virgin olive oil
7. Basa fillets
+ salt and pepper to taste
Heres what to do:
1. Rinse fish and place in a deep dish or plate. Always marinade at room temperature.
2. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, fresh basil, garlic powder, and capers into a bowl and stir. Drizzle over fish and allow to marinade for ~20-30 mins. The acidity of the citrus will start to mildly cook the fish - not to worry. Toss the slided rind of the lemon/lime on top for some added flavour.
3. Heat a skillet or pan on medium high, and toss in 1 tbsp of unsalted grain fed butter just before you're ready to cook.
4. Place fish into the hot skillet, pouring in the remainder of the marinade as well. Cook ~3-4 mins each side.
So simple, so quick, so delicious! This made a great addition to a fruit-filled side salad, cooked quinoa, or whatever you heart desires.
Remember, when choosing fish sources in the supermarket, always reference www.seafoodwatch.org for the most sustainable and clean fish options.
Today, on July 1st, 2015, not only do we get to celebrate the birth of our great nation, but also a huge step forward for the profession of Naturopathic Medicine in Ontario.
Today marks the transition of the Naturopathic Profession from the Drugless Practitioners Act to the Regulated Health Professions Act, which has been underway for nearly two decades. Today, Naturopaths join nearly 300,000 other health professionals as equal partners in the management and care of Ontarians' health. Today, Naturopathic Doctors in Ontario gain the official DR. title under the Naturopathy Act, 2007.
© 2018 Courtney Holmberg ND. All rights reserved. Dr. Courtney Holmberg, ND does not endorse or have professional affiliation with any discussed supplement or lab companies. All material provided is for general education and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to assist in diagnosing to treating a medical condition. Legal & Medical Disclaimer, sitemap